As part of preparing for my interview at UCL Unit for Stigma Research, I practiced answering this question. This is one of the recordings I did to help me get ready for the day (I find practicing out loud helps!). I briefly talk about:
* background surveys and research
* mental health stigma in general
* the idealisation of the 'always and forever containing' mental health practitioner
* pressures of being in clinical psychology training
* why it's not as simple as just providing a support service
More details on surveys and publications can be found here:
I'm delighted to have got the job as Research Fellow at UCLUS, I'll be coordinating good practice guidance from our clinical psychology training courses.
Thank you for listening.